Welcome to the Treasurer's Office.
CITY TREASURER / DEPUTY CLERK
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
• Prepares tax billings, collects real, personal, property, and special assessed taxes, fees and other monies due the City. Submits funds to appropriate taxing jurisdictions.
• Prepares the delinquent tax roll and submits information to the County for further collection.
• Responds to requests for information from citizens and financial institutions regarding the tax assessment and collection process.
• Administers, maintains and updates employee payroll, benefit program, and personnel files. Coordinates and completes all monthly, quarterly and year-end payroll reports. Generates payroll checks.
• Receipts and records all monies paid to the City. Ensures the proper appropriation, accounting and depositing of funds and cash. Prepares daily bank deposits.
• Disburses funds in accordance with the provisions of law and the Charter. Signs or countersigns checks and warrants.
• Prepares utility billing statements. Receives, accounts, and deposits monies collected.
• Serves as Deputy Clerk in the absence of the City Clerk. Assists with all phases of the election process and records retention.
• Performs related work as required.